Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Funny how fast they forget and how fast they remember

Last summer Gavin was like a fish. He loved being in the pool not to mention he wouldn't give Kyle a break he always wanted him to throw him. Well, we go to get into the pool for the first time this year mind you the water was COLD. Some of the kids in the neighborhood were joining my boys and Stacey and I were going to sit this one out and watch them. Gavin gets his life vest on and doesn't seem to want to go in . He tells me the water is to big. So I go to throw him in thinking once he is in he'll love it. Not only do he grab me so hard that I almost fell in, but it was so cold for him it took his breath away. I know your thinking what a mean mom, but I really thought it would all come back to him. He got out of the pool and yelled at me not to do that again. I said I was sorry and told him how he loved it last summer. A few swims later he attempted to get in but he had to use a tube also. Well I'm happy to announce that he is now swimming with out the tube and using only the life vest. He did let Kyle throw him once, but hasn't asked again yet ! He jumps in and announces that he came back up. I simply tell him ( I TOLD YOU SO.) So with time he'll love it all again. Maybe we can get him out of his life vest this summer.

Spencer last summer was swimming without any assistance. After both life vest were stolen when we were on vacation we told him he had to learn we were not buying him another one. Mean, maybe but I worked. Of course he hesitated as well, but he didn't take long. He gets freaked once in awhile he says I was drowning going under. So he'll grab a tube or a noodle as well. Spencer loves to throw in the diving sticks and get them he just doesn't throw them far. He is trying to swim across the pool like last year, but it still needs some work. He does much better swimming under water so I'm trying to show him to do the strokes correctly. We will see because I'm not the best swimmer either. Anyhow, like I said before WELCOME SUMMER. The school year isn't even over and here we go. Until next time. Oh yeah Shannon these are for you. I'll try and do better so you have something to read and look at. Bye

1 comment:

3 Girl Mommy said...

YAAAY!!! I was excited to see an update and the new pics. LOVE 'EM!! That Gavin disappearing story was the best, but I know how you felt--I lost Kendal at an outdoor event a few years ago and Payton in Penney's last year. Bad, bad Mommy!!! It's great that you live in a neighborhood with so many kids to play with, wish we had that!! One of these days... :-)