Monday, January 26, 2009

Our trip home

On a cold November morning in Roswell we got in the car before 7:00 a.m. headed for home. Gavin being his silly self for a picture that I requested to remember our travels. The boys did real well in the car except for fighting over who was going to hold the dog. Who also traveled well. I am always the one taking the pictures, but I thought why not lets get one one me too. Yikes! That was not the smartest move, Kyle took this while driving. If you know one thing I truly hate it's being in a car for a long drive. Well at this point in out trip (we were only in the car for about a 1/2 hour) I suggested to Kyle that we drive straight home no stopping. What was I thinking? He made the decision to stop two nights.......what a smart man.
Here he is our driver. What a trooper he drives the entire way. It's a great little arrangement we have he drives I deal with the boys. All three of them this time.



And we can't forget about Spencer. He is such a great traveler. As long as he has his pillows and a good movie to watch he can hang as long as we need him to.

We left Roswell on Sunday around 7:00 a.m. and pulled into our driveway in Michigan (losing 2 hours from time difference) on Tuesday at 11:30 a.m.. We made great time. As much as I wanted to bang my head off of the window I held it together and put a smile on my face and enjoyed the ride. Well as much as I could. We are happy to be home. Our first week home was crazy busy. Spencer went to school on Wednesday, yes the day after getting home. He was so excited to see all of his friends. What a nice change it was to see him enjoy his day at school. Kyle and I had to stand up in a wedding on Friday the 21st. Our first week home was a exciting time. We miss our family in New Mexico, but in our first week home we remembered why we love it here so much.


No comments: